Listen LIVE to My Exclusive Interview with
Hil Davis and Veeral Rathod
JHilburn.com is the world’s fastest-growing luxury men’s brand. Our clothes are made from the finest Italian fabric and hand constructed for every customer. The J.Hilburn experience is unlike any retail experience in terms of quality, service and value. Our network of more than 1,000 trusted personal style advisors across the country serve as style concierges for every customer, ensuring the highest quality of service, customized fit and personal attention. J.Hilburn is disrupting the entire retail industry by compressing its supply chain, delivering high quality custom fit clothing at mass scale and wrapping it with service and personal attention that no other retailer can provide.
There’s no shortage of reasons why men hate shopping: the crowds, pushy salespeople and overwhelming selection are just the beginning. The J.Hilburn experience is different: it begins with a personal consultation with a style advisor who gets to know the client’s preferences, takes measurements and helps him build his first shirt from hundreds of high-end fabric choices with personalized details like fit, collar, cuffs, pockets and more.
Once a man has been measured, he can continue to order his custom clothing via in-person meetings or opt to reorder and build shirts online. Custom shirts are delivered in 3-4 weeks, and prices range from $89 to $159.
Hil Davis and Veeral Rathod were working on Wall Street when they first bought custom shirts. While they loved the fit, feel and style of custom shirts, they didn’t understand why they were so expensive. They studied the men’s market, and discovered that the supply chain was inherently inefficient, and that consumers were being stuck with the bill. Hil and Veeral saw an opportunity to build a new type of company for men and the vision for J.Hilburn was born. Drawing inspiration from direct sales, they found a way to bring luxury clothing to men at historically low prices and create a clothing brand that was about the individual and accessible to anyone.
- Founded in 2007
- Largest custom clothing company – sold 120,000 shirts in 2011 alone
- More than 1,200 style advisors nationwide; doubling every nine months
- More than 40,000 customers nationwide with a 93% reorder rate
- In 2011, J.Hilburn grew revenue by 2.5x and doubled its sales force
- Product categories include: custom shirts, personalized suits & sport coats, MTM trousers,
- sweaters, polo shirts, outerwear, accessories, and skincare products
- Luxurious fabrics sourced from internationally renowned mills, such as Albini, Liberty of London,
- Tessitura Monti and Thomas Mason
- Privately held company, backed by Battery Ventures and Bridgescale Partners